| Ultralight Hiking
Although used occasionally on this website,
the terms 'backpacker' and 'backpacking' are somewhat
misleading; its use implies the requirement for a backpack! Now
strictly speaking, the ultralight hiker can quite successfully
hike long or short distances using only a waist pack or similar.
So, therefore, we decided to call this site ultralight-hiking.com
and not ultralight-backpacking.com.
By the way, here
are some definitions:
- a) a
long walk especially for pleasure or exercise
- b) an
increase especially in quantity or amount <a new wage hike>.
- a) to
go on a hike
- b) to
travel by any means.
- a) to walk, tread, or step especially heavily
- b1) to travel about on foot
- b2) to journey as a tramp
- a) to tread on forcibly and repeatedly
- b) to travel or wander through or over on foot
All rights reserved
Last updated: 4 September 2003